As England has now moved to Step 4 (with effect from 19th July), we have updated our Covid-19 Policy. However, our Health and Safety responsibilities to our staff, customers
and community mean that the measures required to protect against virus transmission remain the same.
We are still required to provide you with details of how we will be operating for the safety
of our customers, our staff and our community. It is very important that you read this information prior to your arrival. Any breach of these park rules is likely to result in you being asked to
leave the Park.
We continue to adhere to the respective Government and Public Health guidance and the ‘We’re
Good to Go’ Industry Standard and supporting Mark. We have updated our COVID-19 risk assessment and have the required processes in place. Please note the following:
- Please do not visit our park if you, or any member of your group is displaying any
Coronavirus symptoms, however mild. Please visit Public Health England website for further guidance in terms of the current requirement to self-isolate. (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus)
- Please call reception if you display symptoms of COVID-19 whilst staying with us and return
home immediately. Please do not visit reception.
- Please be aware that some people may still want to maintain social distancing, particularly
when gathering as a group and also in respect of your children. Please consider the number of people gathering and your social distance arrangements from other guests.
- Face masks are no longer compulsory but our staff may still choose to wear face coverings
when greeting guests in the reception.
- We love chatting to our guests but please respect our staff and catch up with us all from a
TRACK & TRACE:
- We are required by the government to maintain a record of who is on the park at all times and
have their contact details logged. This information must be kept for 21 days.
- The NHS QR Code Poster is displayed at the entrance. We politely request all customers and
visitors scan the code with their phone on arrival in order to register their presence.
- Day visitors are not currently permitted on the Park. Only persons included in your booking
will be allowed on site.
RECEPTION AND CHECK-IN/OUT:
- Check-in is available between 2pm and 6pm. We aim to check most people in by coming out to
your car, but if there is a need to come in to reception, we are keeping our ‘one person only’ rule in place. Your key fob for the security gate will have been disinfected prior to your arrival.
- On departure, please place your key fob into the box provided.
- Reception/shop: You will still be able to purchase items from the shop and our own farm
produce, but could you ensure you only handle items that you intend purchasing. (Please supervise your children in this respect too).
- Tourist Information: Sadly, we are no longer able to display ‘Places to Visit’ leaflets in
the reception but we have a lot of knowledge of the local area and what will be available so you only need ask. The Welcome to Yorkshire website, https://www.yorkshire.com/ is also a very good source of information.
- Hand sanitiser is provided outside the reception.
SHOWER AND TOILET FACILITIES:
- All of our facilities are open and we are taking all reasonable steps to minimise
transmission of Covid-19 through ventilation, cleaning and social distancing arrangements. Our family bathrooms are suitable for individual household groups, but please note only one household at a
time in the male and female WC rooms in the Dales block. Our facilities are cleaned regularly during the day. Whilst one block is being cleaned it will be closed, but one block will
always remain open. For the safety of our staff and our guests, please do not try and enter the building when the facilities are being cleaned. For increased ventilation, we will leave the entrance
doors and windows open to both blocks. Please do not close them however chilly it may feel. This is a requirement to enable guests to have use of our shower facilities at the current time.
- The Chemical Waste Disposal Point is open. Please use the hand soap/sanitiser provided and we
would advise the use of disposable gloves. Disinfectant spray is also available inside for cleaning surfaces. (We ask everyone to be considerate and leave this for the next person’s use).
STRICTLY no wipes or other objects to be put down the chemical waste disposal point.
- Hygiene: The increased requirements for cleaning may restrict the availability of facilities
at certain times of the day, but unfortunately there is not much we can do about this. We have reduced occupancy on our site and visitors are not permitted ensuring that our facilities are available
only for guests staying at The Alders. Hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed outside both shower blocks for guests’ use and it is of course important to remember the guidelines on hand
hygiene for the prevention of infection. Signs and posters are displayed at various locations as reminders of good handwashing technique and hygiene. There will be disinfectant spray bottles
and blue paper towel inside both shower blocks to enable guests to wipe common touch points, especially door handles and toilet flush buttons, but of course, do feel free to bring your own products
so that everyone can maximise safety and minimise risk. If you do not feel comfortable with the risk of using these facilities, please consider using your own
- Please take bagged rubbish to the rubbish point in the visitors’ car park. The large
wheeled bins will be removed Thursday evening and returned on Friday. Household rubbish only - please take larger items home with you or to Tholthorpe Tip. Please remove all plastic
bottle/carton tops prior to disposal.
- Our enhanced cleaning regime clearly extends to our Pods too. Between changeovers, doors and
the window to the Pods will be left open for ventilation purposes.
We apologise about the length of this list. We are determined to make your stay with us as
enjoyable as possible, but take the health and safety measures required to enable us to open and stay open, very seriously.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Rachel, John and The Alders Team.
These guidelines are subject to change at any time and at short notice in accordance with
Government updates. You can keep up to date @ https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus